Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Squishy Sacks pt.2

Today I added two more 'squishy sacks' to our little collection. 
This was the succesful one. It has beads and water inside.
 I filled the snaplock bag up about a third of the way up with water, then added a handful of beads.
The children really enjoyed this bag and used it in a few different ways.
They used their hands to push on the water and make waves inside the bag and watched the beads spin and bob in the water. They also had fun trying to push the beds around in the water.

The other bag I added, was a bit of a dud. I didnt do my research. I thought adding oil to a bag and then filling it up with water would be a great science experiment for the kids, and I was feeling so chuffed that I would be able to give a whole science lesson when the children asked "Why wont the oil mix with the water?" But it didnt work quite the way I planned. I used Extra Virgin Olive Oil when I should have used baby oil to get the effect I wanted. The olive oil just broke up into tiny tiny little balls and the kids didnt even notice it.

But it was all made up for when the squishy sack with the beads was a hit! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment